Falls are the main reason older people lose their independence.
Are you at risk?
Four things you can do to prevent falls:
- Begin an exercise program to improve your leg strength and balance.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist to review your medications.
- Get annual eye check-ups and update your eyeglasses.
- Make your home safer by:
- Remove clutter & trip hazards
- Put railings on all stairs and add grab bars in the bathroom
- Have good lighting, especially on stairs.
Contact your local Big Stone Therapists at St. William’s Living Center Outpatient Therapy Clinic by calling 218-338-1014 for information on exercise, fall prevention programs, and options for improving home safety.